HOLLYWOOD, Calif., May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- IMAX® theatres are reporting sell-outs of its special "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" sneak peek shows on Wednesday, May 15 th, with showings in Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Seattle, Austin, San Francisco, Houston, San Diego and Minneapolis now at capacity. Interest continues to be strong at other IMAX locations across the country, which are offering fans the opportunity to be the first to see the film at 8:00 p.m. that evening. In response, Paramount Pictures has moved the film's Friday, May 17 th release up a day to May 16 th.
Tickets are available on the film's first-of-its-kind movie App, a technology that allows users to delve deeper into the Star Trek universe, and can also be accessed via IMAX.com or through Fandango.com, Movietickets.com, as well as other ticketing platforms and at theatre box offices. While supplies last, all 8:00 p.m. IMAX fan sneak attendees will receive a limited-edition IMAX FANFIX™ "Star Trek" Gallery 1988 movie print by Mark Englert.The IMAX release of "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" will feature approximately 30 minutes of footage filmed with the extremely high-resolution IMAX® cameras. These specific sequences, which will expand to fill more of the screen exclusively in IMAX, will deliver unprecedented crispness and clarity and a truly immersive experience for moviegoers. Paramount's "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS," based upon "Star Trek" created by Gene Roddenberry, is written by Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman & Damon Lindelof and directed by J.J. Abrams. Abrams is producing with Bryan Burk through Bad Robot Productions, along with Lindelof, Kurtzman and Orci. Jeffrey Chernov and Skydance Productions' David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake are the executive producers. "STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS" opens in theaters everywhere May 16 th, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV