4 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
Lexington Realty (NYSE: LXP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.60%. Lexington Corporate Properties Trust operates as a self-managed and self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT). The company acquires, owns, and manages a portfolio of office, industrial, and retail properties net-leased to corporate tenants in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.49. The average volume for Lexington Realty has been 2,160,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Lexington Realty has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 24.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. TheStreet Ratings rates Lexington Realty as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LXP's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- This stock has managed to rise its share value by 41.39% over the past twelve months. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LXP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, LEXINGTON REALTY TRUST has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- LEXINGTON REALTY TRUST's earnings have gone downhill when comparing its most recently reported quarter with the same quarter a year earlier. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LEXINGTON REALTY TRUST turned its bottom line around by earning $0.88 versus -$0.29 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 93.2% in earnings ($0.06 versus $0.88).
- You can view the full Lexington Realty Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV