I can only imagine what might happen to Windows RT next. RT the somewhat crippled version of Windows 8 made to use ARM-powered devices. RT devices run a limited number of Microsoft programs and nothing else. It's been a flop so far.
I'm guessing at least some (if not all) of those rumored sub-$300 computers will be running WinRT. Microsoft better do something to improve what RT offers potential buyers if they plan to keep the brand alive past the 2013 holiday gifting season.
--Written by Gary Krakow in New York.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV