What do you do? Alcoa's a call already, by virtue of its $8 stock. Vale can be done in Sept. 15 calls for a couple of bucks and Cliffs October 15s for 6 and change.
Now, I am reluctant to short anything here because the sector rotations are very swift. But a long call/common CLF, Vale, AA, long put Amgen, BMY (preferable the in-the-monies) might be the way to play this next leg.
At the time of original publication, Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long VALE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV