DALLAS, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) today announced new service beginning in November to Memphis, Tenn., Pensacola, Fla., and Richmond, Va., completing the planned arrival of Southwest's Low Fares and Legendary Customer Service in 89 domestic destinations, including all previously served by wholly-owned subsidiary AirTran Airways.
To celebrate the new service, Southwest Airlines is launching a fare sale, offering nonstop flights starting as low as $79 one-way. These low fares are available for purchase on southwest.com today through Monday, May 13, 2013, 11:59 p.m. in the respective time zone of the originating city.
The new nonstop service offered on both carriers comes as Customers are able to purchase itineraries among the two airlines' combined 97 destinations, including international airports, in one transaction.
Beginning Sunday, Nov. 3, Southwest Airlines will fly nonstop between:
- Memphis and Baltimore/Washington, Houston (Hobby), Orlando, Chicago ( Midway), and Tampa Bay
- Pensacola and Nashville and Houston (Hobby)
- Richmond and Orlando (AirTran Airways will continue to operate nonstop service between Richmond and Atlanta.)
- Oklahoma City and Atlanta and Chicago ( Midway)
- Hartford/ Springfield and Atlanta
- Louisville and Atlanta
- Norfolk/ Virginia Beach and Atlanta