Last up on our list of tradable telcos is Cincinnati Bell (CBB), a small-cap phone carrier that's posted some distinctly different price action over the last year. While most other communications stocks are up quite a bit in 2013, CBB is actually down more than 36% year-to-date. But there's still a trade to be made in this stock right now.
CBB made a parabolic drop in the first quarter of the year, falling from a price in the mid-$5 range to a 52-week low in the high $2s. But shares have been staging a comeback from those lows, and it's been an orderly one. Since bottoming in March, CBB has been trading higher in a very well-defined uptrend. That series of higher highs and lows makes CBB an interesting opportunity for traders looking for a telco trade with ramped up risk/reward - this is a much more volatile stock.
With shares testing trendline support today, I'd recommend being a buyer on the next white-bar day. Just keep a tight stop in place.Momentum adds some confidence to this trade too. 14-day RSI has been in an uptrend since just before CBB bottomed, and it's continuing to push higher. Since momentum is a leading indicator of price, that bodes well for this beaten-down telecom stock in the second quarter. To see this week's trades in action, check out the Technical Setups for the Week portfolio on Stockpickr.-- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV