BALTIMORE ( Stockpickr) -- This market is sending investors a clear message in 2013: "Buy the boring stocks."
Boring stocks -- "quality names" such as blue-chip utilities, health care names and telecom firms -- have been on fire in 2013, outperforming the kinds of more speculative names that typically stomp more conservative stocks in later stages of a rally. That suggests a couple of things: We're still in the early stages of this rally right now, and investors are still nervous about its staying power.
In particular, communications stocks have been an interesting part of the quality stock bandwagon. They offer a boring business, utility-like revenue performance and some of the biggest dividend yields on the market today. That makes telcos worth a closer look as this rally keeps chugging along.So today, we'll take a technical look at how to trade five big name telecom stocks. For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Rocket Stocks to Buy for Dow 15,000 So without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV