Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
(Updates from 11:01 a.m. ET with closing information.)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here's what Jim Cramer had to say on CNBC's "Squawk On The Street" Wednesday.
"Everybody's picking on the Web today," Cramer said of TripAdvisor (TRIP). "AOL (AOL) is down, Zillow (Z) is down. Be careful, the group is consolidating. It's just run too much. TRIP ended Wednesday trading down 4.6% to $52.49.
By contrast, WebMD (WBMD) is an example of an Internet company that hasn't had its run. Investors are leaving Internet companies that have soared and going into ones that haven't, such as this one, he said. WBMD jumped 9.5% to $27.94.Travelers (TRV) has been "one of the monster stocks on the Dow," Cramer said. "It's done a remarkable job and it goes ... higher." TRV rose 1.5% to $87.28. Asked about valuation issues at Yahoo! (YHOO), Cramer responded, "Has [CEO] Marissa Mayer done anything wrong yet at Yahoo!? I don't think so." He added that she is now questioning the terms of the company's Internet search deal with Microsoft (MSFT). "She's starting to say, 'Microsoft, you got too good a deal.' I think she's going to find a way to make that deal better" for Yahoo!. YHOO closed up 1.3% to $26.41. Cramer was amazed at Carl Icahn's continued buying of Herbalife (HLF) stock. "When's he going to quit?" HFL rose 1.5% to $43.66. Finally, Cramer said EOG Resources (EOG), whose CEO Mark Papa was on "Mad Money" last night, has "an oil revolution. They have found [oil in] Prudhoe Bay, in the Eagle Ford, and they have a new one in the Delaware Basin that no one is talking about." EOG was 1.6% higher at $137.90. To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Anthony Buccino in New York. Follow @AnthonyBuccino
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV