SAN JOSE, Calif., May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR) ( www.netgear.com), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced a powerful new addition to the ReadyDATA™ family. As the first ReadyDATA device in desktop form, ReadyDATA 516 ( http://www.netgear.com/readydata) is packed with enterprise-class technology and delivered with ease-of-use features that enable small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to effectively use them. Looking to solidify the recent designation from Gartner as the worldwide #1 NAS vendor for total unit shipments in 2012, the introduction of ReadyDATA 516 (RDD516) enables comprehensive edge-to-core data protection when used in tandem with a ReadyDATA 5200 (2U rackmount) or additional ReadyDATA 516s. ReadyDATA 516 is significantly less expensive and dramatically easier to use than comparable enterprise-class offerings, and also incorporates ReadyDATA Hybrid Cloud, a new feature providing data replication from ReadyDATA to the public cloud.
Gartner Inc., the world's leading information technology research and advisory company, published their Market Share: Network-Attached Storage/Unified Storage Worldwide 2012 report (G00249602) on April 12, 2013. The results place NETGEAR among the largest traditional enterprise storage vendors. Gartner ranked NETGEAR the number one vendor for total NAS/unified storage unit shipments in 2012.
ReadyDATA FamilyWith the addition of the 516 desktop model, NETGEAR now has two innovative products in the ReadyDATA family:
- ReadyDATA 5200, a 2U 12-bay network-attached storage device that introduced enterprise-class functionality to the SMB with an all-inclusive set of features and unmatched ease-of use; and
- ReadyDATA 516, a 6-bay desktop network-attached storage device for a business without a data center or with branch offices requiring a powerful on-site storage solution. It delivers to your desktop the features traditionally found only in the data center, and at a price that is cost-effective for even the smallest sites.
NETGEAR is simplifying storage for business customers with one low, all-inclusive and easy-to-understand price for their fully featured network attached storage — including native de-duplication, thin provisioning, unlimited snapshots, support for virtual networks, and NETGEAR's five-year industry-best warranty. In addition, ReadyDATA enables users to easily mix SSD and SATA drives within a volume to optimize overall performance. With ReadyDATA 516, there are no additional feature licensing fees or maintenance contracts required.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts