OAKLAND, Calif., May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Pandora (NYSE: P), the leading internet radio service, announced today new metrics that were reached in the month of April 2013.
- Listener hours for Pandora during the month of April 2013 were 1.31 billion, an increase of 24% from 1.06 billion during the same period last year.
- Share of total U.S. radio listening for Pandora in April 2013 was 7.33%, an increase from 5.95% at the same time last year.
- Active listeners were 70.1 million at the end of April 2013, an increase of 35% from 51.9 million during the same time period last year.
Pandora launched a 40-hour mobile listening limit in March as a strategic move to balance monetization and rising royalty costs. The impact of this strategy – maintaining audience growth while slowing listener hour growth – has been in-line with company expectations.
Pandora is releasing key audience metrics on a monthly basis to provide the most current information regarding Pandora's users and usage across platforms.ABOUT PANDORAPandora (NYSE: P) gives people music and comedy they love anytime, anywhere, through connected devices. Personalized stations launch instantly with the input of a single "seed" - a favorite artist, song, or genre. The Music Genome Project ®, a deeply detailed hand-built musical taxonomy, powers the personalization of Pandora ® internet radio by using musicological "DNA" and constant listener feedback to craft personalized stations from a growing collection of more than one million tracks. Tens of millions of people turn on Pandora every month to hear music they love. www.pandora.com SOURCE Pandora
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV