HOUSTON, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Gastar Exploration USA ("Gastar USA"), a subsidiary of Gastar Exploration Ltd. (NYSE MKT: GST) (the "Parent") announced today that it intends to offer, subject to market and other conditions, $200 million aggregate principal amount of senior secured notes due 2018 in a private placement to eligible purchasers (the "Offering"). Gastar USA intends to use the net proceeds from the Offering to (i) finance the purchase price for its separately announced pending acquisition of Mid-Continent assets from Chesapeake Energy Corporation ("Chesapeake"), repurchase 6,781,768 shares of the Parent's common stock held by Chesapeake and settle all current litigation with Chesapeake, (ii) repay in full outstanding borrowings under its existing revolving credit facility and (iii) for general corporate purposes.
The notes will not be registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), or the securities laws of any state and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements under the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws or blue sky laws and foreign securities laws.
The notes and the related guarantees will be offered only to qualified institutional buyers under Rule 144A under the Securities Act and to persons outside the United States under Regulation S under the Securities Act.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, any securities, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state. Any offers of the notes and the related guarantees will be made only by means of a private offering circular.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV