|Consolidated Financial Results - Highlights:|
|Quarter Ended March 31, 2013|
|Operating Income (1) per diluted share||$ 0.84|
|Net Income per diluted share||$ 0.88|
|Net Realized Investment Gain per share (2)||$ 0.04|
|Catastrophe losses per share (2)||$ 0.12|
|Book Value per share||$ 30.01|
|Return on Equity||12.0%|
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa, May 7, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- United Fire Group, Inc. (the "Company") (Nasdaq:UFCS) today reported consolidated operating income (1) of $0.84 per diluted share for the first quarter of 2013 compared to operating income (1) of $0.68 per diluted share for the first quarter of 2012.
The Company reported consolidated net income, including realized investment gains and losses, of $22.4 million ($0.88 per share) for the quarter ended March 31, 2013, compared to net income of $19.2 million ($0.75 per share) for the same period in 2012.
"We are happy to report another solid quarter," commented Randy Ramlo, President and Chief Executive Officer. "We continue to seek and receive rate increases in most lines of business, policy retention remains strong and within our comfort range, and we are seeing a fair amount of new business opportunities. The market as a whole continues to firm due to weather-related losses in the past few years and the continuing low investment rate environment," continued Ramlo. "We believe these current economic and market trends will continue throughout 2013."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV