LOS ANGELES, May 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Last night, Lay's potato chips, one of the marquee brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division and America's most-loved potato chip brand, announced Cheesy Garlic Bread flavored potato chips as the winner of its "Do Us A Flavor" contest. The dramatic reveal took place at actress and restaurateur Eva Longoria's Beso Restaurant in Hollywood, where Longoria joined the Lay's brand in crowning Karen Weber-Mendham from Land O' Lakes, Wis., the finalist behind Cheesy Garlic Bread, as the grand prize winner. For her winning idea, Karen Weber-Mendham will receive $1 million in grand prize money or one percent of her flavor's 2013 net sales (whichever is higher). The two runner-up finalists will each win $50,000 in prize money.
The star-studded event kicked off as the three "Do Us A Flavor" contest finalists – Christina Abu-Judom from Phoenix, Ariz. who submitted Chicken & Waffles; Karen Weber-Mendham from Land O' Lakes, Wis. who submitted Cheesy Garlic Bread; and Tyler Raineri from Lake Zurich, Ill. who submitted Sriracha – and their families walked a Hollywood awards show-inspired red carpet leading them into the restaurant. Attendees then enjoyed a delicious dinner amidst décor inspired by the three finalist flavors culminating with the unveiling of America's next great potato chip flavor by Longoria and the Lay's brand. A celebration around Karen Weber-Mendham ensued.
As a mom of three, going out for pizza is a treat for Karen and her family. While waiting for the pizza to come to the table, Karen always orders a bowl of cheesy garlic bread for the family to enjoy. Cutting the bread into equal-sized pieces so her children don't quibble, Karen can barely put down the bowl before it's completely snatched up. This tradition is what ultimately inspired Karen's grand-prize winning idea.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV