9. -- Yahoo! (YHOO - Get Report) CEO Marissa Mayer has attempted unsuccessfully to unravel a 10-year search-advertising pact with Microsoft (MSFT) in favor of a deal with Google (GOOG), Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Mayer began the effort to end the agreement soon after becoming Yahoo! CEO in July, and she has met with resistance from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, the people told Bloomberg.
10. -- Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson, the most successful manager in British soccer history, is retiring at the end of the season.Ferguson has been with the club for more than 26 years. "The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly," Ferguson said in a statement on Wednesday. "It is the right time."
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts