9. -- Yahoo! (YHOO) CEO Marissa Mayer has attempted unsuccessfully to unravel a 10-year search-advertising pact with Microsoft (MSFT) in favor of a deal with Google (GOOG), Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Mayer began the effort to end the agreement soon after becoming Yahoo! CEO in July, and she has met with resistance from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, the people told Bloomberg.
10. -- Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson, the most successful manager in British soccer history, is retiring at the end of the season.Ferguson has been with the club for more than 26 years. "The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly," Ferguson said in a statement on Wednesday. "It is the right time."
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV