9. -- Yahoo! (YHOO) CEO Marissa Mayer has attempted unsuccessfully to unravel a 10-year search-advertising pact with Microsoft (MSFT) in favor of a deal with Google (GOOG), Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
Mayer began the effort to end the agreement soon after becoming Yahoo! CEO in July, and she has met with resistance from Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, the people told Bloomberg.
10. -- Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson, the most successful manager in British soccer history, is retiring at the end of the season.Ferguson has been with the club for more than 26 years. "The decision to retire is one that I have thought a great deal about and one that I have not taken lightly," Ferguson said in a statement on Wednesday. "It is the right time."
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV