FORT MYERS, Fla., May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Chico's FAS, Inc. (NYSE: CHS) today announced that it has appointed Janice L. Fields to its Board of Directors, effective May 3, 2013, increasing the total number of Board seats to nine. Ms. Fields was also appointed to the Board's Corporate Governance and Nominating Committee.
Ms. Fields served as President of McDonald's USA, LLC, a subsidiary of McDonald's Corporation, from January 2010 through November 2012. Previously, Ms. Fields held numerous roles at McDonald's, having started her career as a crew member. Prior to serving as President, she held several executive positions within McDonald's USA, including U.S. Division President for the Central Division from 2003 through 2006 and Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer from 2006 through January 2010.
Ms. Fields currently serves on the Board of Directors of Monsanto Company, a leading global provider of agricultural products. Ms. Fields also serves on the boards of The Field Museum, The Global Board of Ronald McDonald House Charities, and chairs the Board of United Cerebral Palsy.Ross E. Roeder, Chairman of the Board commented, "We are delighted to welcome Jan to our Board of Directors. Jan has deep experience with innovation and strategic insights in a world-class company. Jan's perspectives on growing a large retail organization while maintaining brand-right messaging and personal service will be highly valuable as we chart our path for future growth." ABOUT CHICO'S FAS, INC. The Company, through its brands – Chico's, White House | Black Market, Soma Intimates, and Boston Proper, is a women's specialty retailer of private branded, sophisticated, casual-to-dressy clothing, intimates, complementary accessories, and other non-clothing items.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV