CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation is currently accepting applications from eligible 501(c) (3) nonprofit organizations, governmental and educational institutions for its 2013 Environmental Stewardship and Energy Sustainability Competitive Grant Program.
The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation (PNGF) invests in nonprofit organizations that work toward one or more of the following objectives within North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee:
- Increased access to or interaction with nature and the environment.
- Promote local accountability or actions to create cleaner cities, reduce emissions, and incorporate conscious environmental decision-making in everyday life.
- Incorporate energy and/ or environmental education in K-12 schools and curriculum.
- Promote general awareness of environmental and energy-related issues to the public.
- Preserve or restore a community's existing natural resources, including green/open space.
- Improve a local community's sustainable business practices.
PNGF seeks to maximize the impact of its grant dollars. Accordingly, special consideration is given to grants that promote the greatest possible impact for the dollars invested.
GRANT DEADLINE:The deadline for this grant application is midnight on Friday, June 28, 2013 . For additional information and to apply, please visit the Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation environmental grant website below. The application must be submitted online via CyberGrants using this link. http://www.cybergrants.com/piedmont/environmental_stewardship/ About the Piedmont Natural Gas FoundationThe Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation was established in 2004 with initial funding of $7 million from Piedmont Natural Gas (NYSE: PNY). The Piedmont Natural Gas Foundation assists qualified charitable agencies and organizations within Piedmont Natural Gas' three-state service area, through the awarding of grants. The Foundation's mission of, "Enriching Our Communities," mirrors Piedmont Natural Gas' strong philanthropic commitment to the communities it serves. The Foundation's grant making strategy further reflects that commitment by focusing on two areas: Environmental Stewardship and Energy Sustainability, and Community Enrichment Initiatives centered on K-12 STEM Education, Workforce Development and Health and Human Services. Since its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $7.0 million in grants to qualifying organizations in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV