2. As of noon trading, Southern Copper Corporation ( SCCO) is down $0.34 (-1.0%) to $33.75 on average volume Thus far, 801,655 shares of Southern Copper Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.58-$34.29 after having opened the day at $34.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.09. Southern Copper Corporation engages in mining, exploring, producing, smelting, and refining copper and other minerals in Peru, Mexico, and Chile. Southern Copper Corporation has a market cap of $27.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Southern Copper Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full Southern Copper Corporation Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts