3 Stocks Pushing The Materials & Construction Industry Downward
1. As of noon trading, NVR ( NVR) is down $15.20 (-1.5%) to $1,007.00 on light volume Thus far, 12,902 shares of NVR exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 34,600 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $1,003.04-$1,023.75 after having opened the day at $1,023.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1,022.20. NVR, Inc. operates as a homebuilder in the United States. The company engages in the construction and sale of single-family detached homes, townhomes, and condominium buildings under the trade names of Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Fox Ridge Homes, and Heartland Homes. NVR has a market cap of $5.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 26.9, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates NVR as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full NVR Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the materials & construction industry could consider SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF ( XHB) while those bearish on the materials & construction industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts