3 Stocks Pushing The Materials & Construction Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, MasTec ( MTZ) is down $0.33 (-1.1%) to $30.16 on average volume Thus far, 418,617 shares of MasTec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 873,000 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $29.82-$30.49 after having opened the day at $30.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.49. MasTec, Inc., an infrastructure construction company, engages in the engineering, building, installation, maintenance, and upgrade of energy, utility, and communications infrastructure primarily in North America. MasTec has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 22.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates MasTec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full MasTec Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts