3 Diversified Services Stocks Dragging The Industry Down
2. As of noon trading, H&R Block ( HRB) is down $0.24 (-0.8%) to $28.38 on light volume Thus far, 971,456 shares of H&R Block exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $28.32-$28.62 after having opened the day at $28.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.62. H&R Block, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the provision of tax preparation and related services to the general public in the United States, Canada, and Australia. H&R Block has a market cap of $7.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 54.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates H&R Block as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and premium valuation. Get the full H&R Block Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts