Today's Stocks Driving Success For The Specialty Retail Industry
1. As of noon trading, Tractor Supply ( TSCO) is up $0.94 (0.84) to $111.68 on light volume Thus far, 201,667 shares of Tractor Supply exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 677,800 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $111.00-$112.11 after having opened the day at $111.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $110.74. Tractor Supply Company operates retail farm and ranch stores in the United States. Tractor Supply has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 28.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Tractor Supply a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tractor Supply as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full Tractor Supply Ratings Report now. Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the specialty retail industry could consider SPDR S&P Retail ETF ( XRT) while those bearish on the specialty retail industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts