TORONTO, May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Making life brighter - what does it mean? To Sun Life Financial, it's at the very heart of what we do, every day: help people achieve lifetime financial security and ensure we operate as a sustainable public company committed to delivering value to our stakeholders.
In Sun Life's Public Accountability Statement and Sustainability Report (PAS & SR), released today, making life brighter means:
- Fighting diseases, like diabetes, and improving health around the world;
- Giving back to our communities by supporting social services, providing disaster relief and encouraging volunteerism among our employees;
- Working with environmentally sustainable organizations and like-minded companies to advance the importance of sustainability within our own operations and, ultimately, the world; and
- Making responsible, sustainable investments to contribute to the Canadian and world economies.
"Sun Life wants to help philanthropic, social and community programs flourish because they strengthen communities and enrich the lives of Canadians and people around the world," said Mary De Paoli, EVP, Public & Corporate Affairs and Chief Marketing Officer, Sun Life Financial. "We are also very proud to be able to play a role in a global network of organizations seeking to advance sustainability priorities."
Sun Life's environmental, social and governance practices have earned us a range of recognition. We are the only life insurance company in North America to be listed as one of the 2013 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World and we are one of the 2012 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada.Sun Life is proudly using the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) index reporting standards to guide our sustainability reporting. GRI has reviewed our PAS & SR and has confirmed that it meets all GRI standards.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts