TORONTO, May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ - Making life brighter - what does it mean? To Sun Life Financial, it's at the very heart of what we do, every day: help people achieve lifetime financial security and ensure we operate as a sustainable public company committed to delivering value to our stakeholders.
In Sun Life's Public Accountability Statement and Sustainability Report (PAS & SR), released today, making life brighter means:
- Fighting diseases, like diabetes, and improving health around the world;
- Giving back to our communities by supporting social services, providing disaster relief and encouraging volunteerism among our employees;
- Working with environmentally sustainable organizations and like-minded companies to advance the importance of sustainability within our own operations and, ultimately, the world; and
- Making responsible, sustainable investments to contribute to the Canadian and world economies.
"Sun Life wants to help philanthropic, social and community programs flourish because they strengthen communities and enrich the lives of Canadians and people around the world," said Mary De Paoli, EVP, Public & Corporate Affairs and Chief Marketing Officer, Sun Life Financial. "We are also very proud to be able to play a role in a global network of organizations seeking to advance sustainability priorities."
Sun Life's environmental, social and governance practices have earned us a range of recognition. We are the only life insurance company in North America to be listed as one of the 2013 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World and we are one of the 2012 Best 50 Corporate Citizens in Canada.Sun Life is proudly using the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) index reporting standards to guide our sustainability reporting. GRI has reviewed our PAS & SR and has confirmed that it meets all GRI standards.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV