My conclusion? You wouldn't want to buy Berkshire if Buffett weren't at the helm. Not in this condition. Kass nailed it.
I would not be a seller here. I would still be a buyer. Buffett has the power to make this company a better investment as a whole than in parts.
But no one else on earth can pull it off. So my mind would change if Buffett isn't immortal.
Thank you, Doug Kass, for pointing all of this out. It was very brave and yet still very respectful. Not tough enough? If anything they cut to the matter at hand: would you want buy Berkshire Hathaway without Buffett?I think the answer is "no." Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long GE and GS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV