- Jamie Dimon joined Bank One in 2000. The company lost $511 million that year. In its last quarter prior to its merger with JPMorgan Chase... (Q2 2004), Bank One's annualized earnings were $4.4 billion. On a pretax, pre-provision basis, per share, the company went from $1.75 per share in results to $3.87 per share - i.e., a 121% improvement.
- Jamie Dimon joined the executive team of JPMorgan Chase in 2005. In that year, JPMorgan earned $8.5 billion. In 2012, the company earned $21.7 billion. The pretax, pre-provision results per share went from $4.41 to $8.62 or a gain of 95.5%.
- In the past three years, the company has reported record earnings in each year. It has emerged as the biggest money making bank in the world following the 4 Chinese monoliths. Plus, it is the biggest bank in America and it makes more money than all but five companies in any industry in this country.
- From the end of 2005 to last Friday, the stock price has risen by 19.9%. In this same period the Keefe Bruyette banking Index has fallen by 39.5%. JPMorgan has outperformed its peers by approximately 60% over this timeframe.
Warren Buffett's Faith in Jamie Dimon
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts