Platts Releases 2013 North American Shale Plays Map
NEW YORK, May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Platts, a leading global energy, petrochemicals and metals information provider, has expanded its portfolio of maps with the release of its 2013 North American Shale Plays Map. Now in its second edition, this detailed, printed wall map presents in vivid color the key components of the burgeoning North American shale industry, depicting more than 80 shale plays in both the U.S. and Canada.
New to this edition is the representation of fractionators and steam crackers, which are processing plants that separate hydrocarbons into their various components. An additional 18 shale plays, 44 shale basins and 11 liquefied natural gas (LNG) facilities are also represented.
This Platts map enables energy professionals to view existing infrastructure, including LNG terminals, crude oil and natural gas pipelines and natural gas processing plants, as well as potential exploration areas, such as federal public lands.
In developing the map, the Platts cartography team utilized average daily dry natural gas production data by basin from Bentek Energy, the natural gas and crude oil analytical unit of Platts. They also indicated each shale play's primary resource as either oil or natural gas using data from Bentek analysts and Platts Gas Daily editors.For convenient reference, the cartographers have pinpointed industry-critical information within several insets:
- Potential oil shale development in the western U.S.
- Emerging shale plays in North America
- Estimated shale gas production by state
- Shale gas proved reserves by state
- Estimated recoverable shale gas compared to existing proved reserves in 32 countries in both 2009 and 2012
- Natural gas withdrawals and production by well type
- Average daily dry gas production by basin as of 2012
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV