Caplin & Drysdale Continues New York Expansion With The Addition Of Former Shell Oil Tax Executive
NEW YORK, May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Caplin & Drysdale announced today that Peter A. Lowy, a nationally-recognized tax controversy practitioner, has joined the firm as a member in its New York office. Before joining the firm, Mr. Lowy was the Global Tax Dispute Resolution Manager for Royal Dutch Shell, with worldwide management responsibilities for Shell's tax litigation. He has more than a decade of experience handling tax controversies for several of the world's largest corporations. Mr. Lowy's private practice will center on advising and defending multinational corporations, foreign businesses, and U.S. taxpayers in tax disputes with U.S. tax authorities.
Years as a leader and in-house litigator for major corporations give Mr. Lowy an inside perspective on what matters most to clients. He also brings a broad range of experience managing and resolving complex tax audits, appeals, and litigation on the federal, state, and international levels. "We are delighted to welcome Pete to our expanding tax practice in New York," said Scott D. Michel, Caplin & Drysdale's President. "Pete's background as one of the leading controversy lawyers at Shell Oil will play a crucial role in developing strategies to support the growing needs of our global clients."
The third high-profile member to join Caplin & Drysdale's New York office in the last two years, Mr. Lowy joins Mark D. Allison and Elan P. Keller, who are members in the firm's Corporate, Business & Transactional Tax, Tax Controversies, International Tax, and Tax Litigation practices. "I am privileged to be part of such an esteemed group of lawyers who are recognized leaders in the domestic and international tax communities," commented Mr. Lowy.
Mr. Lowy is a well-respected authority in the tax controversy field. He is the chair of the American Bar Association Tax Section's Committee on Court Procedure & Practice (the ABA's main civil tax litigation committee), teaches Tax Controversies at the University of Houston Law Center, and is widely published. In his prior positions, Mr. Lowy participated in over 100 tax cases in the courts and in administrative level proceedings before the IRS and other tax authorities.Mr. Lowy received his LL.M. from New York University School of Law and earned his J.D. from Tulane University School of Law, cum laude, where he was a member of the Tulane Law Review. For more information on our New York office expansion, please see:
- Caplin & Drysdale Taps Mark Allison to Bolster Tax Practices in New York
- Caplin & Drysdale Welcomes Elan Keller to New York Tax Practice
- Caplin & Drysdale Announces Expansion of Tax Practice and Relocation of New York Office
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV