Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and RBC partner to help youth with mental health issues
TORONTO, May 6, 2013 /CNW/ - Canadian Olympians, RBC employees, Sunnybrook staff and members of the community came together today to help launch the first RBC Run for the Kids event in Toronto. The RBC Run for the Kids will take place over the weekend of September 21 to 22, 2013. The event will support the creation of the Family Navigation Project, within Sunnybrook's leading Youth Psychiatry Program.
"As many as two million Canadian youth struggle with a mental health or addictions problem, and yet only one in five will get specialized treatment," said Dr. Anthony Levitt, co-chair of the Family Navigation Project and a psychiatrist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. "This is in large part because families don't know where to go or how to find the services that their children need. The Family Navigation Project will give youth with mental health issues and their families a place to start and a path to follow."
A unique weekend event The RBC Run for the Kids takes place over the entire weekend of September 21 to 22 and includes three different run components - a 5K run/walk, a 15K challenge and a 25K race - all in and around the Sunnybrook neighbourhood. Each component is represented by a different colour, something that was reinforced at today's launch as teams of runners, led by RBC Olympians Greg Westlake, Kevin Rempel, Mikael Kingsbury and Jennifer Botterill, dressed in blue, green and yellow, gathered on the Sunnybrook grounds.
- The event's 5K 'participate' run/walk - represented by the colour blue - is open to all ages, individuals and teams.
- The 15K 'get moving' challenge - represented by the colour green - encourages youth to be active, an important part of physical and mental health, by having them pledge to run a minimum of 15 km, with the final five kilometres being run at the event.
- The event's 25K 'go further' race - represented by the colour yellow - enables runners to challenge themselves by going beyond the half-marathon distance without having to run a full marathon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV