WATERTOWN, Mass., May 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- athenahealth , Inc. (Nasdaq:ATHN), a leading provider of cloud-based services for electronic health record (EHR), practice management and care coordination, today announced five upcoming events at which athenahealth executives will be speaking, including the AHIP ACO Summit on May 15 in Washington, D.C., where CEO Jonathan Bush will join Congressman Bill Cassidy and three physician leaders to discuss clinical integration as an alternative strategy to hospital acquisition.
AHIP's ACO Summit will convene health care industry executives, thought leaders, academics, and policy makers to examine the policy and legal implications of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other clinically integrated models to improve care, create efficiencies, and reduce costs. On Wednesday, May 15 from 2:15-3:30 p.m. ET, Bush and Cassidy will discuss how clinical integration can help practices remain independent along with: Dr. Marc Feingold of Feingold, MD; Dr. Mark Girard, president of Steward Health Care Network; and Dr. David Slingerland of Hudson Headwaters Health Network.
Ed Park, COO of athenahealth, will speak at Rock Health's CEO Summit on Wednesday, May 8 in San Francisco as part of a panel on "Healthcare Incumbents: Friend or Foe?" Park will address challenges and opportunities that rising health care leaders face when working with large, established health tech incumbents.Also upcoming: Chris Davis, VP of enterprise business development, athenahealth, will be speaking about how cloud-services empower clinical integration, and how hospital leaders can get ready for risk-based contracts, at the 4 th Annual Becker's Hospital Review Meeting on Saturday, May 11 in Chicago. Kyle Armbrester, director of business development, athenahealth, will be at Health 2.0's first-ever conference aimed at technology designers and developers, Health:Refactored, taking place May 13-14 in Mountain View, California. Armbrester joins a panel on "Deals and Dollars: Optimizing Your Biz Dev Strategy" on Tuesday, May 14. Armbrester will discuss athenahealth's development and innovation strategies and highlight "More Disruption Please (MDP)," an athenahealth program for qualifying and partnering with startups and entrepreneurs. In addition, Mary Kate Foley, VP of user experience, athenahealth, will join a panel on "Next Generation EHRs" at the inaugural HealthBeat 2013, backed by VentureBeat and taking place May 20-21 in San Francisco. Foley joins other health IT vendors on Monday, May 20 for a discussion on what's next for physicians in terms of the experience they can expect when using a cloud-based EHR. Specific details on each event, in order of date, are below.
- What: Rock Health's CEO Summit
- Why: COO Ed Park to discuss the challenges and opportunities associated with working alongside and competing against large health care incumbents.
- Where: The Wharton School, San Francisco, CA
- When: Wednesday, May 8 at 4:30 p.m. PT
- What: Becker's Hospital Review Annual Meeting
- Why: VP of Enterprise Business Development Chris Davis will present "How the Cloud Empowers Clinical Integration."
- Where: Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL
- When: Saturday, May 11 at 10:35 a.m. CT
- What: Health:Refactored
- Why: Director of Business Development Kyle Armbrester will join a panel on optimizing your business development strategy.
- Where: Computer History Museum, Mountain View, CA
- When: Tuesday, May 14 at 2:00 p.m. PT
- What: AHIP ACO Summit
- Why: CEO Jonathan Bush will join Congressman Bill Cassidy and physician leaders Dr. Marc Feingold, Dr. Mark Girard and Dr. David Slingerland on a panel about clinical integration.
- Where: Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center, Washington, D.C.
- When: Wednesday, May 15, 2:15-3:30 p.m. ET
- What: HealthBeat 2013
- Why: VP of User Experience Mary Kate Foley will speak on a panel about next-generation EHRs.
- Where: The Grand Hyatt, San Francisco, CA
- When: Monday, May 20, 3:15-3:45 p.m. PT
CONTACT: Holly Spring athenahealth, Inc. (Media) email@example.com 617-402-1631 Dana Quattrochi athenahealth, Inc. (Investors) firstname.lastname@example.org 617-402-1329
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts