BETHESDA, Md., May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Employees at the Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) Space Systems facility in Huntsville, Ala., have received the company's Platinum Target Zero Award for working 10 million hours without a workplace safety incident resulting in lost time.
"This outstanding accomplishment by our Huntsville employees has shown that it is possible to achieve Mission Success while promoting a high level of safety performance over an extended period of time," said Richard Ambrose, Executive Vice President of Lockheed Martin's Space Systems Company. "I want to congratulate our Huntsville colleagues for working safely to become the first Lockheed Martin facility to receive the company's Platinum Target Zero Award."
No lost-time safety incidents have occurred at the Huntsville facility since January 2006 – more than seven years – and this performance continues. The safety culture at the Huntsville facility embodies six key elements: integrity, visibility, proactivity, personable relationships, recognition and development of safety advocates.Lockheed Martin Space Systems employs approximately 800 people at the Huntsville facility on programs that include Targets and Countermeasures, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense and battle management for the Medium Extended Air Defense System. The site was established in 1963 and recently celebrated its 50 th anniversary. Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 118,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion. For additional information, visit our website: www.lockheedmartin.com SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV