O'Reilly Automotive Inc Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (ORLY)
Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- O'Reilly Automotive (Nasdaq:ORLY) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC has improved earnings per share by 19.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.75 versus $3.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.75 versus $4.75).
- ORLY's revenue growth trails the industry average of 26.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.20%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.73% is above that of the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Specialty Retail industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 4.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $147.49 million to $154.33 million.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100%. See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV