Central Concrete Joins Google, BASF, DPR Construction, KPFF Consulting Engineers And MIT To Discuss The Role Of Transparency And Material Ingredient Disclosure At The International Concrete Sustainability Conference
In addition to Fletcher and Wagner, roundtable panelists include:
- Jeff Davis, vice president and general manager, Central Concrete Supply, a U.S. Concrete Company
- Ted van Der Linden, director of sustainability, DPR Construction
- Blake Inouye, structural engineer and associate, KPFF Consulting Engineers
- Franz-Josef Ulm, PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
EPDs: An Inside Look at the Keys to Successful Implementation
As today's building owners increasingly endeavor to build greener buildings, members of the design team seek proven and verified product labels. This has led to the recent development of Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) – a standardized label designed to communicate the environmental impacts of a product in a scientifically sound, streamlined and comparable way. At the International Concrete Sustainability Conference, Chris Erickson, president and CEO of Climate Earth, a provider of systems, data and services for sustainable management, and Jeff Davis, vice president and general manager, Central Concrete, will take an inside look at how Central Concrete became the first ready-mix supplier in the U.S. to adopt and receive external verification of its EPDs.
Life Cycle AssessmentRyan Henkensiefken, business development engineer at Central Concrete, will moderate a technical session on Life Cycle Assessment. The topics to be addressed are: Comparative Analysis of the Life-Cycle Impact Assessment of Cement Mortar Mixes Using the Green Concrete LCA Tool presented by Arpad Horvath, University of California Berkeley; An Approach for Analyzing Cost and Energy Performance Trade-offs in Residential Building Wall Systems presented by Jeremy Gregory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology; and 10 Questions LCA Can Answer about Concrete Buildings presented by Frances Yang, Arup. Related Resource Why Scalable Environmental Product Labeling is Key to a Sustainable Economy: A Case Study on the Development of Central Concrete's EPDs. Produced by Climate Earth. Read PDF » About 2013 Concrete Sustainability Conference The 2013 International Concrete Sustainability Conference, sponsored by the National Ready Mix Association (NRMCA), provides learning and networking opportunities on the latest advances, technical knowledge, continuing research, tools and solutions for sustainable concrete manufacturing and construction.
- Dates: May 6-8, 2013
- Location: Hotel Sofitel, Redwood City, located in the San Francisco Bay Area
- For more information visit: http://www.concretesustainabilityconference.org/sanfrancisco/
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts