HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, N.J., May 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nymox Pharmaceutical Corporation (Nasdaq:NYMX) is pleased to report on the presentation on NX-1207 drug studies at a high-level symposium and panel discussion held at the Annual Meeting of the American Urological Association in San Diego, CA between 3:00 and 4:00 pm PDT on Sunday. The well-attended symposium highlighted the ongoing clinical development program for NX-1207 for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and featured expert panel discussions on the new therapy. The Company is pleased to report that the pivotal U.S. Phase 3 trials of NX-1207 for BPH, NX02-0017 and NX02-0018, have now completed enrollment.
The symposium, "Clinical studies of NX-1207: Phase 3 Injectable for BPH (Phase 2 for Prostate Cancer)," was chaired by Ronald F. Tutrone Jr., MD, FACS of Towson, MD. The other panel members at the Symposium were Dr. Mohamed Bidair of San Diego CA, Dr. Susan J. Kalota of Tucson AZ, Dr. Franklin D. Gaylis of San Diego CA, Dr. Sheldon Freedman of Las Vegas NV, Dr. Eugene Dula of Tarzana CA, and Dr. Michael T. Gambla of Columbus OH.
According to Dr. Tutrone, "I will be excited to see the results from the Phase 3 trials. I feel that NX-1207 has the potential to be a game changer in BPH and to dramatically improve the quality of life for men that suffer from BPH."Dr. Dula said that NX-1207 is "the most innocuous and quick therapy for BPH. It delivers the medicine where you need it." Dr. Kalota said that in her experience "NX-1207 is easy to inject and well tolerated and frequently produces excellent results." Dr. Bidair said that NX-1207 was "extremely well tolerated." He added that it took "less time to perform the procedure than to get the patient ready on the table."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV