Outdoor Channel Determines That InterMedia Proposal Is A Superior Proposal
Stockholders do not need to take any action at this time. If a stockholder has previously submitted its proxy card or voted by internet or telephone and does not currently wish to change its vote, no further action is required by such stockholder. If a stockholder would like to vote or change its vote, please refer to the instructions provided in the definitive proxy statement which was mailed to Outdoor Channel stockholders on or about April 12, 2013. Stockholders are urged to carefully review the definitive proxy statement and the other materials included or incorporated by reference therein as these materials include additional information regarding the transaction.
The Outdoor Channel board cautions that there can be no assurance that the InterMedia proposal will lead to the termination of the KSE Agreement and the execution of a merger agreement with InterMedia, or that the InterMedia proposal will be approved or consummated.
Lazard is serving as exclusive financial advisor to the Company in connection with the transaction. Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, P.C. is legal advisor to the Company.
About Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc.Outdoor Channel Holdings, Inc. owns and operates Outdoor Channel and Winnercomm Inc. Nielsen estimated that Outdoor Channel had approximately 39.8 million cable, satellite and telco subscribers for May 2013. Outdoor Channel offers programming that captures the excitement of hunting, fishing, shooting, adventure and the Western lifestyle and can be viewed on multiple platforms including high definition, video-on-demand, as well as on a dynamic broadband website. Winnercomm is one of America's leading and highest quality producers of live sporting events and sports series for cable and broadcast television. The Company also owns and operates the SkyCam and CableCam aerial camera systems which provide dramatic overhead camera angles for major sports events, including college and NFL football. Safe Harbor Statement Certain matters discussed in this press release, with the exception of historical matters, may be forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by words such as "anticipates," "estimates," "expects," "believes," "intends," "plans," "predicts," and similar terms. These statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause results to differ materially from those anticipated as of the date of this release. You should understand that the following important factors could cause outcomes to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements:
- KSE making a proposal of changes to the terms of the KSE Agreement that would cause the InterMedia proposal to no longer constitute a Superior Proposal;
- failure of the Company to terminate the KSE Agreement;
- failure of the Company to execute a merger agreement with InterMedia;
- failure of the Company stockholders to approve a merger agreement with InterMedia;
- failure to consummate a merger with InterMedia; and
- litigation in respect of the merger.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV