Two-Time Oscar Nominee Jacki Weaver And Julian Sands Added To Cast Of 'Six Dance Lessons In Six Weeks,' Feature Film Based On Richard Alfieri's International Hit Play
SHERMAN OAKS, Calif., May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oscar nominee Jacki Weaver ( Animal Kingdom - 2011 and Silver Linings Playbook - 2013) and Julian Sands have been added to the cast of Six Dance Lessons in Six Weeks , the feature film based on Richard Alfieri's international hit play of the same name. Sands' previous films include The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Killing Fields and A Room with a View .
Gena Rowlands, Cheyenne Jackson, Rita Moreno, Kathleen Rose Perkins (star of Showtime's Episodes ), Anthony Zerbe and Simon Miller were previously set for lead roles.
"We're particularly excited to have Jacki Weaver join the cast as a follow-up to her Oscar-nominated role in Silver Linings Playbook ," said producer Andras Somkuti. "She, Gena Rowlands, Cheyenne Jackson and Julian Sands reflect the caliber of actors that our casting director Paul Ruddy has reached out to for key roles in the film."
The Hungary-based Docler Entertainment production is being produced in association with LA-based Entpro, Inc. Filming is underway at Astra Film Studios in Budapest, Hungary, to be followed by location shoots in St. Petersburg, Florida.Arthur Allan Seidelman, who directed legit productions of the play on Broadway, at the Geffen Playhouse in Los Angeles and on London's West End, is also directing the movie version from Alfieri's adaptation. Oscar winner Vilmos Zsigmond is Director of Cinematography. Credits also include producers Gyorgy Gattyan, Andras Somkuti and Thomas H. Brodek. Executive producers are Jerry Offsay, Marc Platt and Bruno Gyorgy. Contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV