CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sonic Automotive, Inc. (NYSE: SAH) today announced it intends to commence a private offering of up to $300.0 million in aggregate principal amount of senior subordinated notes to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933 and in offshore transactions pursuant to Regulation S under the Securities Act. The net proceeds of this offering will be used to redeem all of our outstanding 9.0% Senior Subordinated Notes due 2018 (the "9.0% Notes") pursuant to the optional redemption provisions of the indenture governing the 9.0% Notes, and to pay related fees and expenses and any remaining amount will be used for general corporate purposes, including the acquisition and development of dealerships and related real property, repurchases of shares of its Class A common stock and other working capital needs.
The notes have not been registered under the Securities Act or applicable state securities laws and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws.
This press release is being issued pursuant to Rule 135c under the Securities Act, and is neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to buy the notes or any other securities and shall not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy, or a sale of, the notes or any other securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. In addition, this press release shall not be deemed a notice of redemption for the 9.0% Notes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV