Young Adults Take On Deranged Terrorist When Quiet Fishing Trip Goes Wrong
PHOENIX, May 6, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- In "A River Rapid" (ISBN 147917498X), author Scott Haluska takes readers on an adventurous run for their lives when a springtime fishing trip turns to unexpected bloodshed at the hands of a locally planted international terrorist cell. Written for fans of political and psychological thrillers, this new novel puts a chilling twist on coming-of-age, when young adult protagonists must step up to save themselves and defend their hometown.
Matt, Kenny and Beth are heading out on one of their traditional springtime trout-fishing trips with Matt's grandfather, Pappy. Their trip starts out like any other, until the group comes under gunfire. When the elder is killed, Matt, Kenny and Beth are forced to find shelter in the woods in order to save themselves.
With the help of Kenny's radio, they find out their town, Contego, has been taken over by armed terrorists. Hassim Omar is an American citizen living with severe and untreated obsessive compulsive disorder who heads a local cell of a terrorist group whose leaders live in Pakistan. The group's activities have remained harmless, until now, as explosives planted throughout Contego threaten the quiet community.As the terror plot unfolds, "A River Rapid" highlights the young adults' coming into roles of responsibility despite the chaos surrounding them. In order to overcome the terror of twisted plans that seem insurmountable, Matt, Kenny and Beth must work together with Homeland Security and the United States government in order to save their hometown. This political and terrorist thriller brims with realistic hope and courage from relatable sources, and author Haluska hopes "A River Rapid" will be enjoyed by readers of all ages, backgrounds and interests.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV