HOUSTON, May 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Electric Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq:AETI), a leading supplier of power delivery solutions for the global energy industry, today announced it will begin offering arc-resistant switchgear allowing end users to create safer work environments, comply with electrical regulations for the workplace, and better protect lives and assets.
AETI's arc-resistant switchgear is designed for offshore and onshore applications and significantly increases the safety of the operator around the entire perimeter of the equipment. Arc flashes can be channeled through venting ducts out of the top of the system away from the operator or into a safe location with an application specific exhaust. In addition, AETI also offers an arc-mitigation system which can be paired with arc-resistant products to isolate the arc-fault and reduce the incident energy contributed by the source.
Arc-resistant switchgear also significantly helps operators comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) regulations that require them to review and modify their electrical systems and work procedures to reduce hazards from arc flashes."I am pleased to add arc-resistant capabilities to AETI's custom-designed switchgear," said James Steffek, president of M&I Electric business at AETI. "With power system requirements increasing in capacity and complexity, our customers now have a variety of options available from AETI to provide an additional level of safety for personnel in addition to custom power distribution solutions built to meet their needs." AETI has been delivering power delivery solutions to industry since 1946. In addition to offering Arc-resistant and Arc-mitigating switchgear, AETI also provides a variety of O&G, Marine and Power Generation solutions including:
- Low-voltage and medium-voltage ANSI and IEC generator control switchgear - Liquid cooled AC Variable Frequency Drives for propulsion and pumping applications - Factory fabricated electrical houses (E-Houses) with power distribution and control systems, designed for both onshore and offshore applicationsStock quotes in this article: AETI
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV