GRAND JUNCTION, Colo., May 6, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bullfrog Gold Corp. (OTCBB:BFGC) ("Bullfrog" or the "Company") is pleased to announce it has obtained significant technical information on a key exploration target known as the RUS area of the Newsboy Gold Project located 45 miles NW of Phoenix, Arizona. In March 2013 Bullfrog expanded its land holdings by staking 160 mining claims, including the RUS area which is approximately 4.5 miles west of the Main Newsboy deposit. The enclosed map shows the Main deposit, major exploration targets and numerous historic shallow shafts and prospect pits. The Company controls 7,400 acres (11.5 square miles) of the most prospective lands in the Newsboy area.
In 1985 Labradex Mining Company staked 28 claims in the RUS area, excavated 14 trenches, reverse circulation drilled 2,435 feet in 11 angled holes, collected 66 rock chip samples and expanded geologic mapping. In April 2013 Bullfrog obtained a 1985 report from the former Labradex geologist who directed or performed this work. The best gold assay results from these 1985 programs are summarized below.
|Identification||Intercept, ft.||Depth, ft.||Gold opt|
|Nearby old pit||4||-||0.120|
|Nearby old pit||4||-||0.290|
|DH-3||20||100 - 120||0.074|
|10||180 - 190||0.092|
|DH 8||15||205 - 220||0.210|
Company geologists have examined, mapped, and sampled surface exposures along the entire length of the RUS structure. Preliminary locations for several exploratory drill holes have been identified to test the down-dip extension of the mineralization and confirm the previous results reported by Labradex. The RUS structure is a mineralized fault in Precambrian schist that apparently extends the entire southeast-northwest length of the RUS claim block; a distance of over 4,300 feet. One short adit and two shallow shafts were excavated in the RUS area about 100 years ago, but there are no records of production.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV