9. -- General Motors (GM) received regulatory approval to build a Cadillac factory in China, Bloomberg reported.
Construction of the plant will begin in June. Investments will total at least $1.3 billion and annual production capacity will be 150,000 units, a GM spokeswoman told Bloomberg.
10. -- First Solar (FSLR) on Monday posted a first-quarter profit of $59.1 million, or 66 cents a share, a swing from a year-earlier loss of $449.4 million, or $5.20 a share.Adjusted earnings in the quarter were 69 cents a share; analysts were looking for profit of 75 cents. First Solar said sales rose 52% to $755 million, topping estimates.
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV