AMN Healthcare Services Inc. Stock Downgraded (AHS)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.34 versus $0.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.57 versus $0.34).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry. The net income increased by 76.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.28 million to $7.56 million.
- AHS's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.83 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that AHS's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.56 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- The gross profit margin for AMN HEALTHCARE SERVICES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.00%. Regardless of AHS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, AHS's net profit margin of 2.99% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.70 million or 128.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Exclusive Offer: Jim Cramer's 'go-to' small/mid-cap guru Bryan Ashenberg only buys stocks he thinks could return 50-100% See his top picks for 14-days FREE.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.