5. Monarch Financial Holdings
Shares of Monarch Financial Holdings (MNRK) of Chesapeake, Va., closed at $10.93 Friday, returning 34% this year, following a 31% return during 2012. The shares trade for 1.3 times their reported March 31 tangible book value of $8.63, and for 8.1 times the consensus 2014 EPS estimate of $1.35. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $1.08.
Based on a quarterly payout of five cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.83%.The company had $1.1 billion in total assets as of March 31 and reported first-quarter net income of $3.5 million, or 33 cents a share, compared to $3.8 million, or 37 cents a share, in the fourth quarter, and $2.5 billion, or 25 cents a share, during the first quarter of 2012. Following the industry trend, Monarch's mortgage banking income declined to $16.2 million in the first quarter from $23.8 million the previous quarter and $16.6 million a year earlier. Monarch's first-quarter ROA was 1.27% and its return on average equity was a solid 15.86%. Interested in more Monarch Financial Holdings? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV