"I'm generally pretty bullish now," CEO Mike Thaman told MoneyBeat back on April 24 after reporting positive earnings in the first quarter. The CEO sees the housing market as a sustained part of the economic recovery. That's based partly on the monthly improvements in new-home sales and prices.
On average, analysts expect the company to report 30% year-over-year earning growth for the second quarter of this year, and 100% year-over-year earnings growth in the third quarter!
It's no wonder then that as of March 14, 2013, CEO Thaman owned 740,739 shares of OC stock. All insiders and beneficial owners control slightly more than 7% of the outstanding shares.
If you're interested in becoming an investor I encourage you to visit its entertaining and somewhat jovial Web site. The investor relations section is a must-see.Owens-Corning is capitalizing on twin generational events that will expand its opportunities and reward its shareholders for many months ahead. As the earlier chart demonstrates, the stock has had quite a run so far in 2013, so patient investors might be glad they waited for an eventual correction before accumulating or adding to existing positions. At the time of publication, Courtenay had no positions in stocks mentioned. Follow @m8a2r1 This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV