Omar Duque, CEO Of The Illinois Hispanic Chamber Of Commerce, Statement In Response To Governor Quinn's Veto Of Senate Bill 9
CHICAGO, May 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The veto today of Senate Bill 9, the Smart Grid legislation, is a rejection of badly needed jobs and economic stimulus for Illinois.
With unemployment in the double digits in our communities, our number one focus has to be job creation. Senate Bill 9 will result in the creation of good-paying jobs for years to come and ensure training opportunities for our workers.
The Smart Grid program is also strengthening diverse businesses in our state. Nearly half of the vendors and suppliers chosen to complete the Smart Grid program are minority-owned businesses, which represent more than $54 million in contracts.
These economic benefits are essential, but so is the impact the Smart Grid will have on residents throughout the state. A more efficient electricity delivery system will reduce the frequency and duration of power outages in addition to creating long-term savings for consumers.I commend the General Assembly for their continued support of this vital legislation and now urge them to override the veto in order to move the Smart Grid forward. We need to get this infrastructure investment back on track to help Illinois restore its standing as a great state to work and do business. SOURCE Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV