Orb Wins Kentucky Derby Mudfest
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (TheStreet) -- Orb won the 139th running of the Kentucky Derby Saturday on a wet track that left horses and jockeys splashed with mud.
A 3-year-old bay colt, Orb paid $12.80 on a $2 bet to win.
It was the first Kentucky Derby victory for Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey, 62, who has chalked up nine Breeders' Cup wins, and for the Phipps family, which has a long history in the sport.
It was also a first Derby victory for jockey Joel Rosario, who has been hot recently. On May 30, Rosario won the Dubai World Cup.Orb bested runner-up Golden Soul by 2 1/2 lengths on the 1 1/4 mile course at Churchill Downs. Revolutionary came in third. It was Orb's fifth straight win.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV