Warren Buffett Kicks Off Annual Meeting ... Making Candy?
OMAHA, Neb., May 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Well before the doors opened this morning at the 2013 Berkshire Hathaway Inc. annual meeting, Chairman & CEO Warren E. Buffett was conducting the first business of the day – the sweet way.
Mr. Buffett, donning a signature See's Candies apron, carefully hand-dipped coconut bon bons in the display booth of the 92-year-old candy maker, which Berkshire Hathaway acquired in 1972. See's more than 100 candy and lollipop flavors were a popular exhibit at the day-long event and have long been an annual meeting treat for shareholders – and Mr. Buffett.
"See's commitment to taste, quality, tradition and service drew me to the company more than 40 years ago, and I'm proud to say that legacy of success continues to this day," said Mr. Buffett. "See's 'Quality Without Compromise®" motto is one all businesses should take to heart."California-based See's, with more than 200 shops in the U.S. and a burgeoning online business, plans to expand its operation to new markets in the Midwest, South and East in the coming years. Those new shops, like its existing locations, will feature See's delicious candy treats, made in America with fresh ingredients and using no added preservatives. With just a week until Mothers' Day, See's is offering a number of gift specials Moms are sure to adore, such as:
- Custom Mix -- Create a special box of See's candies filled only with the pieces Mom loves most, whether you pack it completely with one flavor like our Raspberry Truffles or P-Nut Crunch, or you can create a yummy combo of all her favorites
- Happy Mother's Day Box -- One pound of Assorted Chocolates, featuring See's milk and dark chocolates like Almond Square, Dark Chocolate Butter, Milk Bordeaux® and more.
- Keepsake Duo -- Decorative butterflies with jeweled accents adorn the set of our Petite Keepsake Box, filled with a mix of milk and dark confections, plus one full pound of our famous Assorted Chocolates, featuring pieces such as Milk California Brittle, Dark Butterchew and Milk Bordeaux.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV