OKLAHOMA CITY -- Chesapeake Energy Corp. (CHK) said Friday that Thomas L. Ryan has been chosen to join the company's board of directors, taking the seat of Louis A. Simpson, who has resigned.
Ryan is president and chief executive of Service Corp. International (SCI), which operates a network of funeral homes and cemeteries.
Ryan will stand for election at the company's annual meeting of shareholders on June 14. He has already been appointed to the board's audit committee, replacing R. Brad Martin, who is becoming chair of the nominating, corporate governance and social responsibility committee.
Simpson was elected to Chesapeake's board in June 2011. The company said he left the board to pursue his business interests.Chesapeake Energy shares ended regular trading up 10 cents at $19.25. The stock is up 16% this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV