Media Advisory - CAW And CEP Take New Union Plan On National Tour - May 6-16
TORONTO, May 3, 2013 /CNW/ - CAW and CEP leaders have taken the New Union Project on the road this month, in a lead up to the founding convention of the new Canadian national union over Labour Day weekend.
The two unions are joining together to form a new union, with a new structure and identity that will represent more than 300,000 workers across the country in over 20 different economic sectors.
The meeting tour is part of an ongoing conversation with local union leaders and members about the new union, with the goal of soliciting input into the process. All local union presidents and unit chairs are expected to attend and the meetings are open to all CEP and CAW members. The tour also already visited Thunder Bay, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Ottawa.
Elements to be reviewed at the meetings are the draft constitution; the process for developing the name, logo and identity; and the proposal for local community chapters and a new organizing model.Media are welcome to attend the meetings. The schedule is as follows. Monday, May 6 12 p.m. Windsor CAW Local 200/444 1855 Turner Road 7 p.m. Sarnia CEP Local 914 900 Devine Street Tuesday, May 7 8 a.m. London Marconi Club 120 Clark Road 1 p.m. Toronto west/ Brampton CAW Local 1285 hall 23 Regan Road Brampton, ON Wednesday, May 8 9 a.m. Toronto East/ Oshawa CAW Local 222 hall 1425 Phillip Murray Ave. Friday, May 10 10 a.m. Fredericton Fredericton Inn 1315 Regent Street Salon B & C Saturday, May 11 9 a.m. Halifax . W.T.C.C. 1800 Argyle Street Room 200C Wednesday, May 15 10:30 a.m.Edmonton Matrix Hotel 10640 100 Ave N.W. Quartz 'B' Ballroom Thursday, May 16 10:30 a.m. Saskatoon Radisson Hotel 405 20th St. East Davinci Ballroom The new union's Founding Convention will take place Labour Day weekend in Toronto - August 31- September 1 and will be livestreamed. SOURCE Canadian Auto Workers Union (CAW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV