CT Gov: Superstorm Sandy Aid Tops $367 Million
U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal, also a Democrat, said about 3,000 homes were severely damaged in the state, including about 1,000 left uninhabitable. He said he wants to make sure the costs of the storm are not forgotten.
"The effort here has to be more than just recover and repair," Blumenthal said. "The new normal is catastrophic storms, and we need to be prepared for the new normal."
The executive director of the Hurricane Sandy Rebuilding Task Force, Laurel Blatchford, assured officials the state has not been forgotten and the federal government will continue to provide support. The task force was established by President Barack Obama in December to help local communities rebuild and better withstand future storms.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV