(3) Compensated absences (paid vacation) - We identified and corrected errors to record liabilities for compensated absences (paid vacation) which were not previously recorded.
(4) Leased department commissions - We corrected the presentation of leased department commissions in the Consolidated Statements of Income. Leased department commissions were presented in Other income, net of related expenses and have been corrected to report Net sales (increase of $19.1 million for 2011) and SG&A expenses (increase of $6.4 million for 2011) on a gross basis. There was no impact to Net income related to this change.
(5) Sales returns - We corrected the presentation of estimated sales returns in the Consolidated Statements of Income. Estimated sales returns were previously incorrectly presented on a net basis and have been presented on a gross basis in Net sales and Cost of merchandise sold (adjustment of $1.5 million for 2011). There was no impact to Net income related to this change.
(6) Insurance-related assets and liabilities - We corrected the presentation of insurance-related assets and liabilities in the Consolidated Balance Sheets. The long-term portion of insurance assets ($7.1 million as of January 28, 2012) were previously incorrectly reported as Prepaid expenses and other current assets and are now reported as Other assets. The long-term portion of insurance liabilities ($11.5 million as of January 28, 2012) was previously incorrectly reported as Accrued expenses and other current liabilities and is now reported as Other liabilities. There was no impact on Total assets or Total liabilities related to this change.(7) Other - We corrected certain previously identified errors and out of period adjustments that were deemed immaterial to the annual or interim period in which they were recorded and restated prior periods to reflect these corrections in the appropriate periods. The amounts relate to credit card reward income breakage, credit card receivables, software costs, and assets no longer in use.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts