TORONTO, May 3, 2013 /CNW/ - Rogers Communications today announced that, further to its application in September 2011, the Minister of Finance has issued Letters Patent, incorporating Rogers Bank, an initiative primarily focused on credit card services.
"Today's announcement is a significant milestone in our plan to issue a credit card," said David Robinson, Vice-President, Emerging Business, Rogers. "The Rogers credit card program represents a new growth opportunity while giving customers an opportunity to accumulate value in a future Rogers loyalty program."
With the Letters Patent of Incorporation, Rogers has twelve months to move forward with the application process to meet the requirements of an Order to Commence and Carry on Business. Upon meeting the requirements for the Order to Commence, Rogers will have the approval to begin offering credit card services.
For more information on the formal application process, visit the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions Canada online at http://www.osfi-bsif.gc.ca.About Rogers Communications Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company. We are engaged in wireless voice and data communications services through Wireless, Canada's largest wireless provider. Through Cable, we are one of Canada's leading providers of cable television services as well as high-speed Internet access and telephony services to consumers and businesses. Through Media, we are engaged in radio and television broadcasting, televised shopping, sports entertainment, and magazines and trade publications. We are publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: RCI.A and RCI.B) and on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: RCI). For further information about the Rogers group of companies, please visit www.rogers.com. SOURCE Rogers Communications Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV